Despite the seemingly nonstop bar studying, I managed to finish 5 books this month. I'm impressed.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls: I love this one. Definitely read it. It will only take you a couple of days and it a really good memoir.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath: I loved this one, too. It lived up to the expectation I had for it after waiting so long to read it.
- Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut: I liked this one. It was different form other Vonnegut books but I still found it entertaining.
- A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby: My first Hornby novel. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. It lagged at some points but for the most part it was hilarious.
- Lies…by Al Franken: My first complete audio book. I listened to it on my drive to class and found it funny, engaging, and disturbing. It brought back all of the political rage of the early 2000s and reminded me how it is still just as frustrating today. I like the idea of listening to political/economics books in the car since I'm not very good at actually sitting down and reading them. My next one is hopefully Obama's The Audacity of Hope.