I thought I would lay out a few goals for 2009 so that I don't have another pathetic reading year.
- 48 books total (4 books/month)
- Finish my Jane Austen goal from last year (basically, read Northanger Abbey and re-read Pride and Prejudice)
- 12 "classics" (1/month)
- Specific books:
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- Peony in Love by Lisa See
- The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
- Something Rotten and First Among Sequel by Jasper Fforde
- The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
I think these are broad enough to meet with a few required books thrown in there. I figure I can make myself read one really daunting classic each year. 2009's choice is obviously War and Peace.