Ben and I took a somewhat spontaneous trip to Disney World this week. We drove over Tuesday night, went to Magic Kingdom on Wednesday, Downtown Disney Wednesday evening, and Epcot on Thursday, then drove home that night. Ben had never been to Disney World before so it was fun taking him. I hadn’t been in 10 years, so I had fun experiencing it all over again. Here are a few things I learned:
- I am not 16 anymore. I cannot walk around for 12 hours straight. At this point it’s easier to tell you which body parts aren’t sore.
- Disney World is still fun in the rain.
- Having Japan and Italy within walking distance would be amazing – Sushi for lunch, gelato for desert. Everyday.
- The Magic Kindom isn’t very big. It was much larger in my memory.
- You get wetter than you think you’re going to on Splash Mountain and you should probably not do it at 9am when it’s still a bit chilly.
- Apparently tube tops over other tanktops or t-shirts is the new style. And black socks on guys.
- Always do the single rider line. It could save you hours of your life.
- Stay at a hotel close to the park. Otherwise, you are the first to be picked up by a shuttle and the last dropped off.
- If you don’t speak English, you apparently have a reason to avoid social norms, like not cutting in line.
- And finally…Disney World really is the happiest place on earth. 🙂
I tried to upload some pictures but vox is not letting me. Perhaps, I will try later. I don’t think they were my best pictures anyway. 😉