To build on my last post, I have more ups associated with my still very present ear infection:
- I am becoming best friends with my pharmacist and my doctor's nurse, Dottie.
- I am beginning to memorize the late night/early morning tv schedule. Chelsea Lately at 3am, Fresh Prince at 3:30, Sex and the City at 4am.
- I end up watching lots of infomercials. This wouldn't normally be a big deal because I would never call and order anything, but they sell most of these things at Walgreens and I am there with surprising frequency investing in more and more medical supplies. Today, when I bought a heating pad, I also bought those Strap Perfect bra strap holders. Yep, I am now the proud owner of 6 pieces of plastic meant to hide my bra straps.
- I now have more prescription drug containers floating around the house than my grandma.
- I have an excuse for wearing my glasses and not doing my hair every day – I just claim sleep deprivation to anyone who dares comment.
- I am apparently very good at cultivating antibiotic- and codeine-resistant diseases. I'm not sure how best to capitalize on this new found talent.