1. Re-read Pride and Prejudice. This time I’m going to read the annotated version. It’s been about 6 years since I first read P&P – I can’t wait to see how much I enjoy it the second time.
2. Read/Watch The Jane Austen Book Club. I was waiting until I had read all of her novels to read this one, and now that I’ve finished Northanger Abbey, it’s fair game.
3. Read The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen. Sense and Sensibility is (probably) my favorite of her novels, and this novel takes place while she is revising S&S. I picked it up awhile ago and just haven’t gotten to it yet.
4. Read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Because how can you not want to read this.
5. Watch Mansfield Park. I didn’t like the book very much, so I want to see if I can learn to like it through the movie.
6. Watch Bride and Prejudice. I know the last two are easy – just movies – but I’ve wanted to watch this one for a long time and I don’t know if I can handle 6 books on top of all my normal reading. 🙂
So there you go. I have to do all of these before December 31. This might just be the motivation I need for the second half of the year as far as reading goes.